atom (plural atoms)
- (obsolete) The smallest mediaeval unit of time, equal to fifteen ninety-fourths of a second.
- (Historical) A theoretical particle of matter, imagined to be incapable of further division; the smallest possible unit of substance.
- (physics) The smallest possible amount of matter which still retains its identity as a chemical element, now known to consist of a nucleus surrounded by electrons.
- (mathematics) A non-zero member of a Boolean algebra that is not a join of any other elements.
- The smallest, indivisible constituent part or unit of something.
4 letters in word "atom": A M O T.
Anagrams of atom:
Words found within atom: